Thanks to funding provided through South West Catchments Council (SWCC), Katanning Landcare can offer local landholders a subsidy for seedlings purchased for planting this year (2015).
The following conditions apply:
- Landholders who are interested in a seedling subsidy must contact Katanning Landcare first to check if their order meets the subsidy funding conditions:
* Site meets standard Landcare criteria (fenced from livestock, natives for habitat, 10 year stock exclusion agreement on area)
* Seedling varieties fall within those on the approved list, and match proportions indicated (ie: no more than 50% salt tolerant, less than 20% saltbush)
- Upon approval from Katanning Landcare:
* A subsidy amount will be specified, to a maximum of 66% of total (ex GST)
* Landholders are to place order and pay for complete order with their preferred nursery
- Upon confirmation of payment to the nursery, Katanning Landcare will reimburse the landholder for the amount specified. Customers will need to supply:
* A copy of nursery invoice/receipt showing it paid and
* An invoice to the Katanning LCDC for the agreed amount
- When planting is completed, landholders need to supply Katanning Landcare with a photo of the finished site for use in promotional materials. (Note: photos of people planting the seedlings would be even better!)
If you are interested in learning more about this subsidy, please contact the Katanning Landcare team on 9821 4327, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in to our office at 10 Dore Street, Katanning.
Sorry, offer valid only for properties within the Katanning shire boundaries.
Author: Andrea Salmond
Andrea has been with Katanning Landcare since 2013 and is passionate about equipping people with the tools, skills and resources they need to make positive changes to our environment.