Now is the best time to order saltbush for planting this coming winter. Don’t miss out on the varieties you want or be scrambling for an order at the last minute!
Saltbush may be a great solution to a variety of problems you have on farm. If you noticed any bare patches, salt rising, areas of winter waterlogging, or just want to increase summer fodder feed-gap opportunities for your livestock, saltbush may be just what you need.
We grow three varieties of saltbush from seed:
- Atriplex amnicola – River or Rivermore Saltbush – grows to 1.7m in sand or clay
- Atriplex nummularia – Old Man Saltbush – grows 1-3m high in clay or sandy loam
- Atriplex semibaccata – Creeping Saltbush – groundcover to 0.5m high in clay, sandy-loam or laterite soils
These varieties are all grown from open pollinated seeds collection regionally. They have excellent hardiness and withstand some pretty challenging sites. That said, they won’t grow on a complete salt scald (nothing will!) and soil preparation will help ensure that your investment in this fodder stock will have the best chance of success.
We also contract grow Anameka Saltbush – which is a clone Atriplex nummularia Old Man Saltbush struck through cuttings. Anameka Saltbush is grown through license arrangements with Chatfield’s Tree Nursery in Tammin, and we do not sell direct to customers (all orders must be placed through Chatfield’s).
To place an order for our three varieties of saltbush listed above, or any other plants you need for winter 2023 planting, please download the order forms by clicking the green buttons. Then just complete the order form and send back to Amy via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other Nursery inquiries, please contact Amy via email or phone 0428 479 623.
Our Terms for 2023 are:
- 5% Early Bird Discount applied to whole order if ordered before 30 November, 2022.
- 50% Deposit Invoice sent upon receipt of order (1 September 2022-14 March 2023), non-refundable after 15 March 2023.
- 50% Final Invoice (or 100% if ordered after 15 March 2023) from 15 March-31 May 2023, non-refundable after 31 May 2023
- Small orders (less than 20 trays) will be invoiced for full value at time of order
- All plants must be paid for prior to collection/delivery. Delivery charges additional.
- We will not charge you for plants we are unable to supply, so your final invoice will reflect actual trays provided, or a refund / credit will be applied.
- Orders will be held after 30 May 2023. Enquiries/orders can be placed, but no orders will be confirmed or distributed until all existing orders are graded and picked, and remaining stock can be confirmed.
Leave A Comment