Become a part of a team that is known for punching above its weight. If you are looking to improve the environment, lead community-driven conservation projects, and assist with day-to-day operations of our small organisation, we would love to hear from you.
Katanning Landcare is a not-for-profit organisation located in regional WA, dedicated to enhancing the local environment for future generations, with a focus on supporting projects and initiatives in healthy farms, biodiversity and habitat, water security and sustainable living.
Our ideal team member will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management or project delivery
- Budgeting and tracking experience
- Computer literacy
- Desirable: Experience or training in Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Horticulture or similar
- Desirable: Experience or training in Project Management
- Desirable: Experience or training in Community Engagement, Event Planning or Promotions/Marketing
Tasks & responsibilities of a Landcare Officer:
- Carry out project management, as per schedules, work plans and budgets: Effectively manage projects, meeting project delivery outcomes; Complete project reporting; Routinely review project financials for compliance with project budgets
- Other tasks may include: Develop projects and apply for grant funding; liaise with landholders, government agencies and other NRM groups; respond to inquiries from the public, organise community events, update local community on environmental news and activities via digital and traditional media.
- The right person for this role is a great communicator, interested in the environment and agriculture, and excels in a flexible and independent working environment.
- Workload and hours will depend upon seasonal factors, and on grant contracted duties. On average, expect about 2-3 days per week, but this may vary.
- Resumes and covering letters should be submitted before 15th April 2023
- Family-friendly, flexible work environment
- Work from home options available, when not conducting site work
- Use of shared work vehicle
Resumes with covering letters should be submitted by 14th April 2023 attention Andrea Salmond, Executive Finance Officer, via email email@example.com
This position is based in Katanning WA, a multi-cultural regional community of approximately 4000 residents, 283kms south of Perth in the Great Southern Region of Western Australia. For those from outside this area, we request that you please only submit an application if you are interested in moving to and becoming part of our community.
This position can be viewed on SEEK: https://www.seek.com.au/job/66173324
A complete job description can be downloaded HERE
Leave A Comment