We are seeking a highly organised, self-motivated, high energy leader for our wholesale native plant propagation nursery.
This is a Permanent Full Time Opportunity in Regional West Australia, with potential for immediate start.
Katanning Environmental Nursery (KEN) grows Australian native seedlings for revegetation and retail purposes across southern WA. It is run by Katanning Environmental Inc. a not-for-profit community environmental group. We can currently grow in excess of 1,000,000 stems per year working with more than 150 customers, and are looking to expand our business.
The Katanning Environmental Nursery is seeking a Leading Hand / Site Supervisor to help us grow and improve our successful and productive wholesale native plant nursery.
This is a full-time position, with a focus on production of healthy Australian native species seedlings. This is a physical, outdoor, on-site role that will require high energy, great leadership, and excellent organisation skills.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- all activities relating to the production of healthy plants for the nursery business, including potting, weeding, pruning, seeding, grading, cutting, and nursery maintenance
- guiding the nursery team to successfully complete each stage of nursery production to a high standard, ensuring all planting schedules and quality outputs are met
- working with our sales and management team to ensure optimal sales volumes are produced, picked and prepared for dispatch, and that customers are satisfied with the health and condition of their plants
- manage day-to-day nursery operations, OH&S compliance, and maintenance of machinery, tools and irrigation systems
- undertake activities that will ensure our nursery will achieve NIASA Accreditation
Key Attributes / Requirements:
- You must be fit and healthy as this is a full-time outdoor, hands-on, physical role.
- Nursery, plant or horticulture training (Cert IV) and/or experience is a requirement, preferably with Australian Native plants as a focus.
- Able to supervise, train and delegate workloads and skills to other team members
- Reliable, self-motivated, able to work autonomously, and ready to take initiative
- An eye for detail, particularly in relation to monitoring plant health, pests and diseases
- Excellent record-keeping skills relating to inventory, chemical and fertilizer regimes, and other aspects of monitoring successful plant production
- Forklift License, MR/HR Driver’s License, First Aid Certificate and ChemCert all desirable.
This positions’ base-pay is based on the Nursery Award, Level 6, but performance bonuses and salary progression are available to candidates who have a proven track record, and who achieve KPIs.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please request a full job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes with covering letters should be submitted by 14th April 2023 attention Andrea Salmond, Executive Finance Officer, via email email@example.com
This position is based in Katanning WA, a multi-cultural regional community of approximately 4000 residents, 283kms south of Perth in the Great Southern Region of Western Australia. For those from outside this area, we request that you please only submit an application if you are interested in moving to and becoming part of our community.
This position can be viewed on SEEK: https://www.seek.com.au/job/66173120
A complete job description can be downloaded HERE