Katanning’s 2016 Fox Shoot was as successful as ever, with 10 teams culling nearly as many feral pest animals as the 14 teams of 2015!
|Place||Team Name||Foxes (x10)||Cats (x5)||Rabbits (x2)||Points Total|
|9||Money on the Fox||4||1||9||63|
|5||Fox on the Run||11||0||9||128|
|1||Broomehill Wild Wild West||34||0||13||366|
And, if you’re interested, here’s a quick look to compare the last few years of results:
|2016||10||127||3||103||Broomehill Wild Wild West|
Many thanks are due:
- to all the teams who came out and helped manage these feral pests
- to Bev and Geoff Kowald for providing a great place for breakfast
- to Jess for taking all the photos
- to the Lions Club of Katanning for a great feed
- to our sponsors: Elders for the ear tags for everyone, Katanning Betta Home Living, ACS, Cut’n’Cote Katanning, and Katanning H Hardware
Remember, there will be other shoots in March (4th-6th) depending on the area, and you can participate in these too. Contact the local Landcare officer for Wagin, Woodanilling, Dumbleyung, and Kent to find out more details of those shoots.
And your ongoing pest management is important throughout the year!
Author: Andrea Salmond
Andrea has been with Katanning Landcare since 2013 and is passionate about equipping people with the tools, skills and resources they need to make positive changes to our environment.